Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A sinking ship

So Rove's big political strategy was to throw the President into an immigration debate with his own party. Seems pretty dumb to me. Democrats are conspicuously absent from this debate, while hard-line Republicans are making it clear that the Presidents policy won't fly. I'm just not sure what the Administration is trying to achieve. Is this a last grab at some kind of legacy beyond the misses the President has had with Bin Laden, Iraq, taxation, healthcare, education and social security? Or maybe they are just trying to distract us from this whole NSA spying on American people thing...

3 Comments:

Blogger Smorgasbord said...

The other night during his speech, I kept thinking about how true conservatives must feel camaraderie with liberals (whether they'd admit it or not). Bush has failed both groups miserably. I'm honestly not sure who in their right mind thinks he's doing a good job at this point. Has he had any positive impact on the country at all? Seriously, I'd like to know. I'd like anyone to tell me one thing he's done that we're better off because of.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Jack Mercer said...

Hi Mochi!

I had all but given up on you guys! Knew you were busy though.

I tend to believe what you mentioned that this is some sort of proving ground for the President under his waning support.

Good to see you guys back and posting.

Hope all are well!

-Jack

4:44 PM  
Blogger Anthe said...

I'm not sure what strategic purpose it serves either, but I've been frightened by the reports I've read about militias getting mobilized around the issue. The Klan and other neo-nazi-type militias' ranks have swelled since the "debate" began, and they're targeting the 12 million illegals (getting "physical" if necessary). Isn't that terrorism? Does anyone do anything about that?
Perhaps it is just serving as a distraction and a divisive issue that will make many veer to the right??

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home