Thursday, March 09, 2006

Updated: A study in contrast: Clinton ran a more effective war against terrorism... and republicans did everything they could to sabotage it.

I did not originally intend to offer this post in Liberal Thought, but it was so well-received on my blog that I decided to post it here, too, as a different "audience" frequents this forum.

Recently, I listened to one of those people who claim that Clinton did nothing to combat terrorism, while claiming, amazingly, that the Bush-Cheney neocon fiasco is actually a way of keeping us safe from terror. Sadly, this myth will probably persevere, because people are more inclined to remember Clinton's sex scandal than the fact that the Clinton-Gore administration ran a more effective war on terror than the Bush regime. I know all about the bad things that Clinton did. But like him or not, he was not only a far better president than Bush, he did a better job against terrorism, and not only that, but the republicans actively opposed the war on terror, especially when it stood between them and their god, the almighty dollar. Supporters of the neocon republicans should always be reminded that the republican party values the acquisition of wealth and power for a small power elite over the lives and welfare of the citizens of the United States.

Here are a couple of articles that I enjoyed on the subject; I like the way they spell things out. I pasted 'em whole on my blog, but to preserve valuable space here, I will just offer the links:

Clinton vs. Terror, Republicans vs. Clinton

Republicans Sabotaged Clinton's Anti-Terror Efforts

The bottom line is, the Clinton administration saw terrorism as a high-priority, national security issue, while the Bush administration sees terrorism as an opportunity to seize more wealth and power for themselves and their associates.

Hey, kids: added fun links!

Clinton's "Lies" vs. GOP Crimes

Eight Great Years

Never send a Bush to do a President's job

Shame On You, President Clinton!

Bush Borrowed More Than All Previous Presidents Combined

3 Comments:

Blogger Jack Mercer said...

Shea,

I have finally made it through the first article, but I was a little dismayed at the lack of bibliography. I don't know how much of this is true or spin. Impressive list though.

I will be back to weigh in on the second when I've read it.

-Jack

10:08 PM  
Blogger Kevin Mark Smith said...

Is that why Clinton refused to arrest Bin Laden when Dubai (I think it was Dubai) was prepared to hand the scumbag over to him? Interested delusions.

8:27 PM  
Blogger SheaNC said...

Still here, but I know there is rather a lot of material to consume there, so I figured there wouldn't be much commenting. Just wanted to present the information and remind folks that there are alternatives to the propaganda line.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home