Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Angry Catholics

The Da Vinci code movie seems to be making Catholics even angrier than when the book was released.

Bill Donohue, president of the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights, also criticizes the movie's release.

"Obviously we're going to have a problem with it but all I'm asking for is a disclaimer" from director Ron Howard and the film's producers, he says. "I'm not asking for the moon. My feeling is this: If there's a disclaimer prominently displayed at the beginning of their movie, that this is a work of fiction, that will relieve my objections."


By the way, Donohue's organization just released a book criticizing the Da Vinci code. I'm sure the Catholic League isn't just interested in making some money out of this.

I have a proposition. Let's demand that a disclaimer be printed with each bible, indicating that it is a work of fiction. That would only be fair.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jack Mercer said...

Read the book. Enjoyed it. Anyone who gets their panties in a bunch over a work of fiction needs to chill. No one is forcing anyone to go see this movie.

I think Bill is in league with Ron--trying to create more hype so that it will do well at the box office...

-Jack

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home