Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Compassionate Conservatism

Barbara Bush speaking about the evacuees in Texas: "What I'm hearing, which is sort of scary, is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality and so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this is working very well for them."

After all they poor. The Astrodome must be like a 5 star hotel to those people. It highlights just how dislocated the Bush family is from reality.

3 Comments:

Blogger Smorgasbord said...

Indeed. I read an article today quoting a man who is staying in the dome with his wife and three kids. He said he needed to get a job - any job - because he couldn't stand to be there too long. He said he could only stand it for another two or three months. I thought he was going to say two or three weeks! That comment made me realize that I take way too much for granted, and I have nothing compared to those fortunate enough to be a member of the Bush empire.

12:38 PM  
Blogger SheaNC said...

I've heard that people were locked in and forced to stay in there with cadavers, etc. And before anyone replies that that was a "liberal media" story, it was from, I think, Fox News.

Anyway, that's not the first time Barbara Bush has shown herself to be an elitist bitch. I used to think more highly of her, when she did an interview towards the end of her husband's presidency and said she was pro-choice and favored gun control and other "liberal" causes. But she has since revealed her true colors. Marie Antoinette syndrome right down to the core.

10:53 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

See what happens when you forget to take your medication? What an embarrassment.

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home