Saturday, January 28, 2006

Send Ken Lay to Prison Forever

Ken Lay is a bastard. There, I said it. Never before have I been so angered by greed, corruption and just plain arrogance. So let me throw this out there- I say execute him. Yup. What this man oversaw and allowed to happen, and the number of people who were adversely affected because of those actions renders me an angered state that can only be mollified by 1) him being gassed to death*. And since that is completely crazy and asinine and wont happen 2) the rest of his life in prison. An overcrowded one. With pissed off guards and even more angry inmates with rapist tendencies. Now, I am not a violent man, I just wish violent consequences on those who deserve it.- like terrorists, rapists and Ken Lay and his cohorts (in that order). This man and his weasels had a good thing going for them and abused it to the ultimate extreme, screwing so many people out of so much. Can anyone explain to me, or prove to me that this man does not deserve to spend the rest of his life in a maximum security prison? And not the lame 7 year sentence that Richard Causey got- although for testifying against Lay and co. I can let that slide. Click the link and read the article- Lay and Jeffrey Skilling will finally go before a jury after four years of probably living large. I haven't much faith in the American justice system these days, but if these people get imprisoned for eternity like they deserve, I can be slightly won back. The fact that Ken Lay actually stated that "he was a victim of prosecutors' 'wave of terror'" is absurd, arrogant and warrants a punch in the face from all the people who were swindled. Yeah, great idea, equate the pursuit of justice with a wave of terror. If attempting to imprison someone who does not deserve the sweet air of American freedom is terror, then what would Ken Lay say about the actions of he and his associates? Its all there and I will never believe that this man had no knowledge of what was going on.


*I really don't think he or anyone should be executed for this but do strongly feel they should spend the rest of their lives in maximum security prison.


Sorry for being so angry. I am better now.

5 Comments:

Blogger SheaNC said...

I can't help but be the first commenter to say that "Kenny Boy" and our beloved commander-in-chief are bosom buddies. "Thick as thieves", as they say.

8:33 PM  
Blogger SheaNC said...

Er, now that I think about it, that guarantees a presidential pardon in 2008. Grr.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Jack Mercer said...

I think he should get the same harsh sentance that Mark Hulett got!

-Jack

8:48 AM  
Blogger English Professor said...

I don't really want to see him imprisoned--I'd rather see him work at a rotation of jobs: WalMart greeter this week; hospital janitor next week; detail man at the carwash the following week, etc. Of course, he would be required to live the lifestyle that these employees do, on their salary. I'm sure there are many other appropriate jobs you can think of for him.

5:56 PM  
Blogger DM said...

I think the professor has a great idea. Let us take him down a notch in the public eye. Prison we would not be able to witness his activities on a day to day basis.

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home