Sunday, January 29, 2006

George and Jack

Well, George Bush and Scott McClellan are talking- which means they are lying or misleading. This article is interesting. The topic, whether or not the White House should release photos of the President and Jack Abramoff, is irrelevant. What is relevant, and annoying, is the spin and manipulation we are starting to get from the Republicans. Again*. Firstly, the photos are just a political tool in waiting, just something to use against the president. Whether or not the White House releases them or not, I could care less- they have enough problems as it is that a couple snapshots between a crook and a figurehead will not make me any more faithless. A couple of funny things:

"Absolutely," Mike Pence, an Indiana Republican, told "Fox News Sunday" when asked if records should be released.
"I think this president is a man of unimpeachable integrity. The American people have profound confidence in him, Pence said."

Let me break this down. His first statement I do not agree or disagree one way or the other. That this man is of unimpeachable integrity is a terrible thing to say. I am not suggesting the president be impeached, I am suggesting he be checked. Unimpeachable and integrity should not go together in this sentence or any sentence ever. There is an extreme lack of intergrity in this administration.

And the American people have profound confidence in him is really just stupid and completely wrong. His approval ratings are horrible and I am not pleased to see how bad they are. It is plain embarrassing. If the "American people" is a room full of Bush and some of his and his dad's friends, then yes, the American people have profound confidence in him. But it isn't.

Bush also says he doesn't know Abramoff, or, it seems, anything about him. I tend to doubt that as well- Abramoff is only a good friend of Karl Rove, Grover Norquist, Tom DeLay and is a pretty big contributor too. I am sure they weren't hanging out every day, but I am not so sure that the President doesn't know or remember him. It really doesnt matter but its just funny to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home