Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Turd Blossom

As told by CNN: KANSAS CITY, Missouri (AP) -- It may be President Bush's nickname for key political adviser Karl Rove, but some editors don't think it belongs in their newspapers.
About a dozen papers objected to Tuesday's and Wednesday's "Doonesbury" comic strips, and some either pulled or edited them. The strips refer to Rove, the White House deputy chief of staff, as "Turd Blossom."

Edited them? I wonder which nicknames seemed more appropriate. Any suggestions?

Censorship rocks.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jack Mercer said...

Hi Curfew!

Good to see you posting again.

I think this may be a matter of taste rather than anything. There are forums for such things, but the comic strips in the Sunday News is something my 10 year old daughter reads, and I would prefer the term "turd blossom" not find its way into her vocabulary.

Censorship is ok if its self-censorship--then its called discretion.

Regards,

-Jack

4:27 PM  
Blogger SheaNC said...

I can't think of a new name for Rove, but he always reminded me of this guy.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Jack Mercer said...

Ha! Shea, you crack me up! I bet you used that picture for Ken Starr too, didn't you.

Hey! Ever notice that Starr and Rove look like brothers?

-Jack

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home