Monday, November 29, 2004

I feel a draft

It’s time. The majority of America voters support Bush’s foreign policy. Now that there aren’t enough troops for the “battle for freedom” it’s time to fire up the draft and test the average Americans appetite for war. Nobody should be exempt from the draft. The draft should be random and initially call up 1 million healthy men and women between the ages of 18 and 40 for training. No sarcasm here, the US needs more troops and people must understand that decisions have consequences and those consequences must directly affect their lives.

3 Comments:

Blogger mochi said...

Considering the oldest soldier to die in Iraq was in his fifties I don't think forty is unreasonable. Ideally I'd like it to be registered Republicans living in Ohio but that could be perceived as descriminatory.

Other than that they tend not to vote, why would the draft apply only to men aged 18 to 26? That makes little sense particularly when one of the largest shortages is in the leading ranks.

8:27 AM  
Blogger mochi said...

Luna, I'm trying to get 2 more people to write posts, at least weekly, let me know if you are interested.

10:39 AM  
Blogger mochi said...

I know I'm in a very small majority that believe in the inevitability of a draft. I just don't think the government is left with much choice, particularly if they want to follow through with their agenda. Remember second terms are all about legacy.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home